1. Yesterday, I finally received my California teaching credential! This is a huge step in the right direction because now I can actually get hired (on post and in California). I am still working on getting my Georgia credential, which is a whole different process, but at least I am half way there. It’s been so nerve wrecking these past few weeks waiting to get this paperwork done. I need it in order to finish up applications for jobs I have been looking into. Feeling extremely relieved and happy!
2. Our tomatoes are out of control this year. We planted early and in our favorite grow boxes and I have pounds of tomatoes each week. Caprese anyone?
3. Speaking of garden, remember how I planted a ton of random seeds last month? Well now I have snap peas, and lots of them! I break them off and eat them each night and think “wait, I can’t believe I grew this!”
4. I don’t think I shared with you yet that this summer I am teaching swimming lessons at the local pool. You guys know how much I love to swim, so when I saw the advertisement for summer swim instructors, I was sold. I am the oldest teacher by about 10 years (most of the kids are about to go into college), but I happily accept my “old” status and have a great time. It’s been a lot of fun teaching kids how to swim, although my hair and skin don’t love the 4 hours of chlorine a day.
5. This beer&food calendar that I put up on my instagram is making my kitchen a happy place… and giving me tons of new ideas for pairings.
6. We also recently got this fun print on Etsy. I got a frame from Michael’s during one of those buy one, get one free plus $10 sales and then ordered a mat from Amazon. Sometimes the simplest artwork just needs the right frame to make it look fancy. Still looking for a good home to hang this guy on.
7. Arugula might be my new favorite thing. I put it on literally everything: summer salad, eggs, mushroom toast, rice and veggie bowl. Yup.
8. We had a Ranger wife event at a local rock climbing place and damn, that is a lot harder than it looks! We all did three or four climbs and were done! Such a fun event!
9. These shoes. $20. You are welcome.
10. This guy, my love, has been fabulous at keeping me company this past month while Q has been away.
Happy Tuesday y’all. My mom arrives today to help keep me company my last week before Q finally arrives home for good.