1. I’m a pool bully. At the new pool I joined, there are 4 lanes. Most times of the day there are only 3-4 people in the pool, so everyone gets their own lane. This is ideal. You can swim at whatever pace you like, change strokes, take a break, no big deal. And then there are times when there are 4 people in the pool in 4 lanes, each enjoying their individual lanes and then you see a lurker: someone coming from the locker room, towel in hand, ready to join a lane. Instead of continuing at whatever pace I am going at and no matter where I am in my workout, I speed up. I basically sprint. And I do flip turns. And I don’t stop. All this to hopefully scare this poor lurker away from joining my lane. I hope she/he perceives my lane as the “fast lane” and gets intimidated. And once that lurker joins another lane, I go back to my normal pace, whatever it is. Yup, pool bully.
2. I’ve been having a hard time packing for Alaska. One-week of clothes for near freezing weather in one suitcase under 50 pounds is tough. I’ve repacked several times and I’m just tipping the scale at 51 pounds. My newest solution is to bring a rolly carry-on along with my large suitcase. Unfortunately now my carry-on weighs almost as much as my suitcase. It’s packed full of things that were too heavy: toiletries, magazines, jeans, sweaters. It’s basically its own trip packed in there. And on top of that I’m carrying on a purse and winter coat. How do you manage to roll two rollies at once? This is going to be an interesting day.
3. Did I mention I have 2 layovers? How does it make sense to fly from LA to Salt Lake City to Seattle to Fairbanks? Can anyone explain this to me? 12 hour travel day here I come. I packed plenty of snacks…
4. Speaking of Peeps… I’m excited to be up in Alaska with Q for Easter. I was thinking for Easter brunch I would make a strata, baked French toast, and these coconut macaroon nutella nests. A random grouping, but we have limited kitchen supplies and I know all these dishes aren’t too hard or require too many pots and pans!
5. I had my favorite salad for lunch today, The McCarthy Salad from the Beverly Hills Hotel. While I was chowing down, I realized I could probably recreate this beauty at home. All it is is iceberg, romaine, watercress , cheddar cheese, grilled chicken, bacon, egg, beet and tomatoes, all chopped and finished in a balsamic vinaigrette. Yup, totally doable, I will be experimenting next week.
6. Outfit from yesterday, since today I wore my favorite Rachel Roy pants:
- Cardigan: Madewell (similar)
- Tank: BDG “Colorblock Tank”
- Jeans: Current/Elliott “The Floral Stiletto Jean” (my new favorites!)
- Sandals: Havaianas
I can’t get enough of these Current/Elliott skinny jeans. They have quickly become my favorite jeans ever and the patterns are so fun for Spring.
Tomorrow I start the trek up to Alaska. I will let you all know how it goes!!