Q and I love cooking. Q was working in a restaurant when we started dating and he definitely is the master chef of the two of us. Our normal game plan is that he cooks all the meat and I handle the sides/carb and dessert. This is a good deal for me seeing as I am the carb/dessert lover of the two of us and find enjoyment making a peanut butter pie or pasta dish while Q loves handling the grill.
Fairbanks isn’t known for its superb dining selection. The lone Chili’s closed 2 weeks ago and that was on the higher end of the restaurant scale. This is actually a blessing because it encourages us to eat in as many meals as possible. I got inspiration for taco night from Elise who started this little tradition when her husband returned from his deployment. Our initial taco night was a hit and we will definitely be making this a usual occurrence when I move up in August.
Grilled Chicken Tacos
What we used:
- 6 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 1 grilled chicken breast, diced
- Spanish Rice (we used Rice-A-Roni), cooked according to package
- 1 can black beans, drained and heated
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Mexican cheese
- Avocado, sliced
How we made them:
- We heated our tortillas in a toaster oven until warm. On each tortilla, we layered chicken, rice, beans, salsa, lettuce, cheese and avocado.