Oh year 28, you are upon me (I’m just two weeks late putting this guy together)! Similar to last year, I thought I would share what happened in this 27th year to celebrate!
27. Q and I mastered the art of pizza making. We have our go to dough (here) and with a new pizza stone, we ROCK pizza night.
26. We took an amazing weekend trip to Savannah, a city that we hope to go to a lot more in the next year.
25. I invested in my absolutely favorite monogram bags from C. Wonder that I’ll use for years to come.
24. I went to Hawaii (twice!) to spend time with family.
23. Q and I celebrated a fun and relaxing New Year’s with our great friends Stu & Ali who got married this year!
22. I mastered my first cake: coconut and boy was it delicious.
21. I went back to LA quite a few times to plan the wedding and see my girls.
20. And I really learned how to make 5 outfits happen out of one small carry on bag.
19. I made these oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies more times than I can remember… and ate far too many of them.
18. I learned to “decorate” a new home and did it twice this year (in Alaska and Georgia). Let’s be honest, I am still learning how to hang an art wall, but I definitely know how to make a house a home.
17. I shared our dinner for two pantry staples, a post I LOVE and think is so useful to new chefs.
16. Cookie butter blondies. Enough said.
15. I convinced Q to take engagement photos and framed them in our house.
14. I learned what the term “winterizing” really means… brrrr.
13. I discovered this Brown Rice, Shrimp and Avocado bowl (and you should too!)
12. Q and I went to his holiday ball in Alaska (and I wore a dress and heels in -20 degrees).
11. I was surrounded by so much love (and delicious food) during my bridal shower.
10. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cream Cheese Bars were created. And my hips still haven’t forgiven me.
9. After moving, I took three months to really settle: to make friends, to get into my routine, to love it here.
8. I went to Santa Ynez with my girlfriends for a quick bachelorette/wine tasting weekend that was unforgettable (word to the wise: when trying to start a fire in a fireplace, it is wise to know what a flue is and how to open it).
7. Q and I went on the best adventure ever: dog mushing! An experience I will never forget.
6. I made amazing new friends with the Ranger wives and am SO lucky to have found them.
5. I traveled with my mom and two aunts to Paris and fell in love.
4. I started my Master’s and am going to be a real teacher in May!
3. We moved across the country from Alaska to Georgia, taking a ferry and a drive through the states.
2. We adopted the four-legged love of my life, Carl.
1. I got married! To the guy I have been in love with since I was 15!
What an incredible year it was! A wedding, a move, a dog! This year I finally really fell into the Army lifestyle: new friends, a drive across country, late nights for Q. I can’t wait for what the next year has in store for me, if it is anything like this one, it’s going to be great. Bring it 28.