Yesterday was your favorite posts of 2012 and today I list my favorite posts this year. 2012 was a big one: the proposal, having Q come home safely from a year in Afghanistan, and moving to Alaska were some big ones! Since I recently did a 26 Things in Year 26 post that covered a lot of the bigs of the year, so I mainly loaded this post with favorites from the last 6 months of the year (because who likes repeats!). Here are my top 10 posts of 2012 on Koko Likes.
10. An Anchorage Weekend – One of my favorite weekends this year was when Q and I went down to Anchorage to visit our friends, The Bulls. The Army brings friends into your lives and then moves them away, we are just lucky that our friends only moved a one-hour flight away!
9. Shrimp, Avocado and Brown Rice Bowls – YUM. This recipe was out of this world and combined a few of my favorite foods.
8. Creamy Tomato Soup – Q and I created the perfect “it’s so cold outside, let’s sit by the fire and have grilled cheese and tomato soup” recipe. This meal will always remind me of cold nights in Alaska.
7. Honey Whole Wheat Bread and Cheesy Beer Bread - I did it, I overcame my fear of making bread and baking with yeast! These were two of my first successful loaves (the Cheesy Beer Bread is impossible to screw up) and they got me started on my new love of baking bread!
6. Q’s Holiday Ball - I loved getting to celebrate Q and his peers during his holiday ball. And Q looks SO handsome in his dress uniform. It was a blast to get dressed up for the first time since moving to Alaska that made me really happy.
5. What I Wear in the Winter - Everyone asks “What does -40 feel like?” And the answer is “REALLY cold, but manageable.” In this post, I gave you a glimpse into the many layers I put on everyday just to go to the grocery store. It was a fun one to put together!
4. Weekly Meal Planning - I started this weekly series about how Q and I plan out our meals each week in November. Q and I are BIG planners when it comes to food. There are so many pros: healthier, cheaper, and you actually look forward to what you are going to have for dinner! And I loved hearing that so many of you are going to start trying this in the new year.
3. Q & K Go Camping - This adventure was so far outside of my comfort zone and yet I did it and really enjoyed myself. There’s something about being the only humans around for miles and seeing nature that close that is a once in a lifetime experience. I will never forget this trip.
2. 10 Things I’ve Learned Living in Alaska and Winterizing – These two posts really gave you a glimpse into my life now. Sometimes it even surprises me that this ex-celebrity personal assistant born and raised in Los Angeles is now substitute teaching in Alaska, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. This year has been full of big changes and I have enjoyed living in the moment more than ever.
1. Life Update – This was a fun post I wrote filling you in on what’s happening in K & Q world. There’s so much on the horizon for us: a possible move, a wedding, travel. It’s going to be quite a year!Pin It