Yesterday was your favorite recipes of 2011. Today I list my favorite all time posts of this year. 2011 was a big one for me: really starting the blog (after a soft start last October), changing careers, getting a brand new camera, having Q deploy and dealing with 8 months of it so far with the help of lots of cooking and baking. Here are my top 10 (plus a few) posts of 2011 on Koko Likes.
10. Palm Springs in Pictures: Our annual girls trip was such a blast and I had so much fun snapping pictures of our adventures.
9. Fishing for Japan: my first time ever fishing and it was quite the learning experience. Unfortunately the rocky ocean didn’t agree with me…but I did catch plenty of fish (looking on the bright side).
8. New York and Good Friends: My best friend Ashlee and I traveled to New York in August for a fun girls trip. It was so nice to relax, not worry about work and shop for 8 hours at a time…
7. Pomegranate Vinaigrette: A salad dressing as one of your favorite posts of the year? I know, I know, but I love a good salad and I think the mark of a great salad isn’t just how much avocado is in it, but the dressing on top! This dressing is sweet without overdoing it and this recipe makes a huge jar of it which will last you a couple weeks (I love making something once and having it last for a while).
5. Golden Corn Cakes and Arugula Salad: Beyond delicious vegetarian lunch. These corn cakes are light and sweet and a perfect match with the arugula salad. We have continued to make this recipe over and over again in our house.
4. Pan Am: A few photos of my mom as a Pan Am stewardess in the 1970s. I love looking at these old pictures and “talking story” with my mom about her flying days.
3. Halloween Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing: I love cupcakes. They are my ultimate indulgence. This year for my birthday, my mom baked these cupcakes and they were to die for: moist, flavorful, perfectly coconut and melt in your mouth frosting. Couldn’t ask for better.
2. Summer Pasta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Summer Caprese Pasta: My two favorite summer time dishes. Fresh tomatoes in the garden + fresh burrata or mozzarella + garlic + pasta = perfection. These dishes are my go-tos. They have never done me wrong and I count down the days until Summer so that I can make them again.
1. And He’s Home/ And He’s Gone / Deployment: This year Q deployed to Afghanistan for a 12-month tour. He came home for 2 weeks in November and it was the best 2 weeks of the entire year. I hope 2012 brings many more posts with Q in them as opposed to photos of us on Skype. I can’t wait to make him more a part of my blog world.