Q and I wanted something simple for dinner Sunday night. Since we had three grilled chicken breasts in the fridge ready to go, I suggested making something Mexican themed (usual my go to when it comes to making easy dinners). We settled on these chicken bowls which are basically all the ingredients for tacos layered into a bowl and eaten with tortilla chips.
Not only were these bowls delicious and filling, but also we had all of the ingredients on hand. I recently bought Q a Zojirushi Rice Cooker (one of my kitchen staples), so quickly cooking up some white rice was easy. We squeezed lime over the rice for a twist and I would have added some cilantro in there also, but Q is one of those weirdos who doesn’t like it! Overall, this meal couldn’t have been easier to put together and was thoroughly enjoyed by both of us.
Mexican Chicken Bowls
What we used:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 lime
- 1 grilled chicken breast, diced (sprinkled with Chili Lime seasoning)
- 1 can black beans, drained and heated
- Mexican cheese
- Guacamole (or sliced avocado)
How we made them:
- We spooned 3/4 cup of white rice into two bowls and squeezed fresh lime over the top of each. On top of the rice, we layered chicken, beans, salsa, cheese and guacamole/avocado. Served with tortilla chips on the side for dipping.