I have been on a pasta kick lately. Not pasta with bolognese, but pasta made with fresh ingredients like tomatoes, arugula and lemon. This Summer Caprese Pasta will always be my favorite, but there are some new dishes like this one working their way up the ranks.
This is a really light, perfect summer pasta. I’m not a huge tuna person in that I would never order a tuna salad or tuna sandwich, but for some reason tuna really works in this dish and I don’t mint it at all, in fact I actually like it! This is one of those dishes that you can make a day or two ahead of time for a party and since it is served cold, only gets better with time. The only thing I do when I eat it the next day is to sprinkle a little salt on the top and add a dash of olive oil to liven up the flavors.
Lemony Pasta Salad with Tuna
Lemony, fresh and perfect for summer, this dish is a breeze to make (under 20 minutes).
Serves 4 as a main course, 8 as a side dish
- 6 ounces uncooked farfalle or penne (about half of a box)
- 1 12-ounce can solid white albacore tuna in water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon (about 1 teaspoon, more is fine)
- Juice from 1 lemon (around 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (half of a 15-ounce can)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups tightly packed baby arugula (I used half arugula and half spinach)
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- Cook farfalle according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Drain tuna and transfer to a small bowl. Break into rough chunks, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and toss gently.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, remaining oil, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add farfalle, beans, tomatoes, arugula, and onion to bowl; toss well to combine. Add tuna and toss gently. Divide among 4 shallow bowls and top each serving with 1 teaspoon Parmesan.
Recipe from Fitness Magazine