I have always been a big t-shirt and flannels sort of PJ person and then I was introduced to Maison Du Soir and everything changed. Mary (whose blog I just adore) has ranted and raved about them for the past year. I thought I would give these 100% silk pajamas a try to see what all the fuss was about. The conclusion: I love them. Light as air and so comfortable. They make me feel like I am really living in luxury. I got the Jaclyn shorts and the Magnolia top for the summer and will be investing in the longer Ava pant for the winter. Their customer service team is GREAT (ask them about sizing and they are right on). I truly cannot say enough fabulous things about this Manhattan Beach local brand.
This weekend I flew to Napa for the wedding of one of my oldest girlfriends. Since Q had to work, my best friend and I were dates. The weekend was BEYOND beautiful and I couldn’t wait to share.
Sunglasses are Karen Walker/ Long-Sleeved Dress is Joie/ Black Lace Dress is Joie
1. Oh hey friends- this kitchen reno is kicking my butt! It is all coming together SO well and hopefully the next 5-1000 weeks go by quickly :). I am sort of dying about the amount of dust that is in my house, but just taking deep breaths and looking myself in my bedroom whenever possible.
2. I have found the most fabulous gym down here, Novo Fitness. What I miss most about LA is the abundance of healthy options and workout classes. Well, Columbus finally has an amazing barre studio that I actually love going to each night. I’m still swimming, but adding this into the rotation.
3. Have you heard of Birchbox? They send you 5-6 samples of health/beauty goodies a month. I’m sort of obsessed, although my sample drawer is totally bursting at the seams! I’ve found so many great new products through the company and who doesn’t love getting a box full of fun, new goodies each month?
4. Job… oh about that. I have been searching high and low and far and wide for a fabulous teaching gig. Unfortunately for me, the jobs on the Army base are few and hard to come by and the ones in the public school district are even harder (they let go of 130 teachers this year). So, I’ve been subbing almost every day, putting my name out there and meeting principals. I’m staying busy and honing my craft and praying something fabulous comes my way soon.
5. Did I ever share this awesome cornhole set I had made for Q for his birthday? Cornhole is a very Southern game – basically throwing bean bags into a hole. I think these turned out fabulously and think they would be SO fun for an engagement or wedding gift. (This is the company who made them for us. They ship nationwide).
6. White after Labor Day? I’m a rulebreaker. What can I say? (Pants are J. Crew/ Bag is Kate Spade/ Shoes: J. Crew)
Our weekend in Chattanooga was fabulous. It is always so much fun to spend time together in a new city with new friends. This is a fun look I wore for a day of exploring including a trip to the Aquarium (since I am 10-years-old at heart and LOVE aquariums).
Shirt: Everlane V-Neck $15 (a great price for a really wonderful shirt)
Shorts: J. Crew $50 and 25% off today with code SHOPNOW
Bag: Kate Spade (I got it from the outlet/ currently $299 at Saks)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson $46
Sunglasses: Matthew Wiliamson (old, very similar)