This weekend, I ran into Nordstrom Rack for what I thought was a quick grab and go trip. I grabbed the chapstick I needed and on my way out, I spotted this incredible jacket. And now it could possibly be one of the best things I’ve ever worn. Normally Iro jackets run about $600, but this one was $185. Complete steal, right? (PS lucky for you, I also found it online!).
I wore it straight to dinner with my favorite toothpick jeans, Target sandals and simple white tank. PS my sunglasses are Jessica Simpson and I never want to take them off.
Jacket: Iro $185 / Sunnies: Jessica Simpson $45 and similar $55/ Tank: J. Crew $25/ Necklace: Similar / Sandals: Target $15 / Jeans: J. Crew $128 Purse: Stella McCartney
I am always in search of a fabulous romper. I feel like curvy girls struggle to find cute rompers and jumpsuits. They are either way to short in the torso or an awkward length in the legs or just all around wrong. I recently tried this cute guy on at J. Crew and ordered it as soon as it went on sale (additional 30% off $109). I love the stripes and the more fitted shape. Hello summer.
I also love this short sleeved chambray one (J. Crew $128)
And this one feels amazing on:
And for a little fun flair, I adore this tassel floral one (and it is on SUPER sale):
Striped Romper: J. Crew $109/ Chambray Short-Sleeved Romper: J. Crew $128 / Black Crepe Romper: J. Crew $148 / Tassel Floral Romper: J. Crew $70
Last week when I was home with Q, I was staring at the fridge and saw two big baskets of strawberries that were untouched. I knew we wouldn’t eat them within the week, so I set my mind on a cake. I love baking with fresh berries since they make a really juicy cake. For this one, I used some vanilla Greek yogurt I had in the fridge and WOW, what a moist cake. If you don’t have vanilla, you can use plain Greek yogurt or sour cream for the same effect (highly recommended).
For this cake, I preheated the oven at 375 and then dropped it to 325 right before putting the cake in. This helps the crust form quickly, but the cake bakes at a lower temp. PS tossing your berries in flour will keep them from sinking to the bottom of your cake. I didn’t make the glaze to top the cake, I thought it was sweet enough. But if you want to, it is super simple and in the directions below!
I know it’s not the best looking cake I’ve ever made, but it is delicious nonetheless!
Fresh Strawberry Bundt Cake
Makes 1 bundt cake/ 12 pieces
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan. Sift together 2 1/4 cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Alternate adding in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated, finishing with a spatula by hand.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently hand mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan. Place in the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
I can’t get enough of this dress. I have to say I never thought I would be a Lilly Pulitzer wearing Southern gal, but I am sort of loving it. I adore Lilly’s prints and timeless styles and have to say I have gotten more compliments on this dress than most of the items in my closet. I already see this being a summer staple!
Dress: Lilly Pulitzer / Purse: Kate Spade / Sunglasses: Karen Walker